Ahi Tuna Poke
makes 4 servings
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp sugar
16 oz sushi grade Ahi tuna
3 tbsp chopped green onion
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
3 tbsp red onion, diced
1 tbsp minced ginger
1 avocado, cubed or sliced
- Combine the soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar in a bowl. Mix until all of the sugar is dissolved.
- Cut the Ahi tuna into bite size cubes.
- Marinate the tuna in the sauce for 15 minutes.
- Add the green onion, sesame seeds, red onion and ginger to the marinated tuna. Mix well.
- Serve with avocado over rice.
Good to know
Let the tuna marinate in the fridge to maintain freshness.
Low-carb option: serve the poke over a bed of kale or mixed greens.